To Our Ever Patient Patients,
We are pleased to say that we are gearing up to open our regular operations. At this time, we are waiting on the last pieces of personal protective equipment to arrive so that we can safely treat all our patients. Based on the predicted date of arrival, we are booking procedures and cleanings starting June 11, 2020.
With that being said, your visit will likely be different from what you are accustomed to. Here is what you can expect for your visit in “the new normal”:
- Going anywhere where you interact with other people carries a risk of contracting COVID-19. This is true for the dental office, grocery store or restaurant. At the advice of our association, we will be asking patients on their first visit back to the office to fill out a consent form acknowledging this potential.
- We will be asking screening questions when booking your appointment, confirming it and have a paper questionnaire when you arrive for your appointment.
- Our waiting room is no more as we are trying to encourage social distancing. If you are able to call from a cell phone before coming up for your appointment it would be greatly appreciated to help us limit patients coming in and out of the office.
- Our appointments are now staggered and longer so many appointments that were booked prior to the pandemic will need to be adjusted.
- We are limiting the use of procedures that produce aerosols as best we can so depending on your needs you may have the amount of ultrasonic scaler and tooth polishing reduced at the discretion of the hygienist.
- Although our regulators have stated we do not need additional protective equipment in most cases, we feel that in the interests of keeping our patients and ourselves safe additional measures are prudent at this time. For visits such as exams and impressions we will use our standard safety equipment but for procedures involving more water and aerosol generation we will be using face shields, gowns and masks that offer greater filtration.
- If you wish to fill out the forms mentioned above, please feel free to download and print them out.
Once again, thank you to all of you for your support and patience as we adjust our office to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Dr. Matthew Foulkes